Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Departure Day

It always seems like the day before/ day of a big trip is full of obstacles.

As most of you know, I'm an avid runner. Currently, I've been injured since March with feet problems. The doctor diagnosed it with Morton's Neuroma, but I'm not sure about that anymore.

I have this baby blanket that I've slept with for God knows how long. My parents have been trying to get me away from it for the longest time. Well since moving back, my mom had taken the blanket and had "thrown it away". I was really upset, telling her that she could at least place it in a special drawer if she really want me to stop sleeping with "Blankie". She gave in and returned the blanket to me.

My mom is a very observant person. She then took my feet into her hands and looked at them, even though I told her that my feet were dirty. Nonsense, she said, you're still my baby. I'm still her 19 year old baby. Then she noticed that my feet were extremely swollen where I've been hurting--it looked bad. I had never noticed because I typically wear socks. Maybe she's making a bigger deal than she should, but then she made an appointment to see a doctor, TODAY. She kept saying that I might not be able to go to Kenya and all that.

I know that I'll still go. I mean, although it's been extremely hard not being able to run and walk for long periods of time, but I know I must go. I just hope things aren't as serious as my mom made it seem.

Similar things happened when I was about to leave for Trinidad and Tobago back during summer of 2007. I just have to get over these things and focus on what lies ahead. I'm kind of just hoping this problem will solve itself. I mean, your body is an amazing machine. It fixes injuries on it's own through time.... right?

I just can't believes it's today. It's insane that all this time has passed. It'll be an extremely long trip, but it's all worth it. Actually, I'm terrified of the trip, but I'll just have to get up every half hour or so. wow that's 15-16 times. i'm going to make sure I have a seat inthe aisle.

The next time I write, I'll actually be in the country! =)

Becky

3 comments:

  1. Don't be afraid b.irene! Jesus is with you through your storms; keep your eyes on him. You cannot do anything by your own strength!

    http://christianity.about.com/od/biblestorysummaries/p/walkingonwater.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot succeed without Jesus and with Jesus you cannot fail. Think about it.

    You should be in Kenya right now, helping orphans. Learn a lot.

    I was just using your computer and I saw the url for your blog. Well, here I am writing to you, my lovely sister. I just watched two episodes of Gilmore Girls! It's the episode where Grandma Trixie comes for Richard's birthday. It was hilarious how Emily took half an hour to eat 4 peas!!!

    So she didn't throw the blanket away? Do you know where she had hid it? Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops sis it's me your sister but it seems that i posted that comment above as you. whoops.

    ReplyDelete